PPGPSI's general goal is to ensure qualified training for professors and researchers in several areas in Psychology.
Specific goals are:
1. To allow students to build scientific and academic knowledge in the research areas within the program, as well as to learn how to conduct research and publish its results to the scientific community
2. To strengthen teaching and research activities in Psychology, promoting the consolidation of the research areas of the Program
3. To contribute to the training of future higher education's lecturers and professors of Psychology.
4. To create knowledge that will contribute to solve social problems locally and nationally, related to different social, educational and institutional contexts in the subjects developed by the Program's Research Areas
Our goal is to have prospective students who:
• Have a bachelor's degree diploma, in Brazil or abroad, and aspire to pursue further education, investigating themes under the Research Areas of the Program.
• Are recently graduated psychologists, who have conducted undergraduate research and want to advance their studies.
• Are professionals initiating their teaching activities in Bachelor's degree courses in Psychology or similar areas and are not yet qualified to teach and mentor in Psychology.
• Are professionals working in several areas of Psychology and want to increase their knowledge in order to contribute to finding solutions for social problems.
The competences expected from our alumni reflects the graduate program goals and our programs of studies:
a) Ability to elaborate research projects, conduct studies, as well as write academic reports and publish in journals and books providing knowledge dissemination for specialists as well as for the general community.
b) Knowledge of research epistemology in Psychology, types of research design, appropriate choice of qualitative or quantitative methods, research ethics, and themes discussed in Programs's Research Areas.
c) Ability to lead and supervise research projects with undergraduate students, more experienced researchers and professionals in general.
d) Ability to teach in Higher Education, elaborate course planning, translate educational content, choose appropriate teaching methods, mentor and evaluate students progression.
e) Ability to be a researcher in Psychology and similar areas, at public and private institutions.
f) Competence to follow a researcher career producing relevant knowledge in Psychology.